Thursday, June 30, 2011

Launch 6/30

In my illustration "Launch", I wanted to do something besides the usuall rocket lauunch. I drew a base-jumper launching himself into the unknown. I used water color for the background and colored pencil for the guy. What I found really interesting is that if I erased water-colors it would remove the paint. I used this technique to illustrate ocean wash in the water.

6 comments:

  1. I like that you did something different, something that makes you think a little more than just a rocket ship. I also didn't know the thing about erasing watercolor! I will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lines in this are very cool with the cliff, and the horizon. I also liked your weird erasing water color technique because it really does make it look like waves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Composition is really good I think that the cliff's edges could of been better if it had like a black edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the use of watercolor erasing and great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you thought outside the box on this one! Great use of water color techniques all around great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the cliff and the person could have been drawn a little more distinctly, but I like your use of various lines, especially the waves in the ocean. The erased watercolors created a really cool effect.

    ReplyDelete